Monday 5 January 2015

#005 - My Great Masters and Song of the Week

Hello Friends!

I would like to tell you few words about my personal Great Masters. This group includes writers, musicians, artists and other intelligent people. They inspire me or make me fell better when I am upset or sad.

My most important Masters are:



1. Alla Borisovna Pugacheva  (Алла Борисовна Пугачёва)
 
She was born on 15 April 1949 and is considered to be the most important Russian (formerly Soviet) musician and one of the most important women in Russia. She started her music career in 1965, recording her first track called 'Robot'.
 
Since then she has recorded several hundred songs. She is a singer, componist, director, producer and even a teacher.
 
Her songs always cheer me up. They are not only beautiful, they are also really intelligent. My favourites are: 'Million Alyh Roz', 'Arlekino' and 'Aisberg'.
 
 
 
 
 
2. Joanne 'Jo' Kathleen Rowling (or rather Joanne Murray)
 
Is there anybody who does not know the woman who created Harry Potter - The Boy Who Lived?
 
Her books are read by readers of all ages in many countries and have been translated to at least 74 languages, including Latin, Old Greek and Welsh.
 
The series about the boy with a lightning bolt scar on his forehead made my childhood better. I love reading this story and I have read it several times in few languages. I collect translations of the first book - 'Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone' - I have got English, Polish, Czech and German versions so far.





3. John Flanagan

He is best known as the author of the series of fantasy books called 'Ranger's Apprentice', which tells the story of a boy named Will who is taken as an apprentice Ranger to Halt, one of the most mysterious Rangers in the whole Ranger Corps.

John Flanagan wrote this story to encourage his son to read and it was not intended to be published. Thank God, it was!

His books inspire me a lot, even though older readers may find them too childish. Anyway, I would recommend his books to everyone who likes good stories!




I decided to share with you my favourite song every week. The first Song of the Week is 'Private Dancer' by Tina Turner. Yes, I am fond of her music. Have fun!



Yours,
Sebastian
I do not own the photos. They were taken from: wikipedia.com and randomhouse.co.au

1 comment:

  1. John Flanagan looks lovely. He's great! I really like his books and I have to read next one as soon as possible! And I looove Jo Rowling and her "Harry Potter" - it is not suprising :D
    Goodnight!

    ReplyDelete